One's expectations for marriage may surpass one's dreams or lead to frustrations and resentments.
Do you speak openly and honestly with your spouse about what you expect on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis? Have you clearly communicated to your spouse your hopes and dreams?
Expectations may lead a couple down a crooked road with all types of barriers and obstacles towards helping each person reach their expectation of what their coupleship should be.
How have expectations disappointed you?
What might a person do to feel healthy and well in a happy marriage, still have expectations for good outcomes and NOT become angry and resentful when things don't turn out like the person thinks they should?
Ten things to use in recognizing expectations which may lead to a healthy vibrant marriage.
1. Be honest with your partner.
2. Communicate clearly about your desires.
4. Determine the difference between your desires versus needs.
5. Be understanding and compromising.
6. Be reasonable and kind.
7. Listen to your spouse's expectations.
8. Use a sense of humor.
9. Ask others how they navigate through realistic versus unrealistic expectations.
10. Seek to understand your spouse's viewpoint.
Your expectations might be surpassed by your wildest dreams if you utilize some compassionate skills in communicating with your spouse.