We often enter into a marriage feeling so happy, delirious about our commonalities, giddy with enfatuation.
What changes? People do. Time happens.
If things have changed in your deleriously happy marriage what might you do about it?
Identifying the stressors or difficulties might be the first step.
Do a self-assessment which might include;
1. When did I begin to notice that I was feeling used?
2. What has changed in our relationship since before I recognized this uncomfortable feeling?
3. What actions have I been taking which lead me to feel used by my lover?
4. Do I enable my significant other to take advantage of my kindness and generosity?
5. What might I recognize about myself that might need to be changed?
6. How can I institute a change in my life where I no longer allow myself to be used or lead me to feel like a " door mat?"
7. What might our relationship be like if I did not feel used or taken for granted?
8. What needs to change?
9. What is my plan for changing my own behavior?
10. How will I know when I succeed?
Success might be the awareness and recognition I glean from doing the assessment and actually making changes in my own behavior where I no longer feel the negativity of being taken for granted and I realize I feel happy and fulfilled in my loving, caring partnership.
This is possible.