What are some ways you use patience and kindness in your relationship?
Some clients have shared these techniques;
1. Breathe deeply before confronting your spouse on an issue.
2. Use the golden or platinum rule with one's lover. Treat them how they desire to be treated.
3. Ask yourself before speaking, "Is this kind, necessary and loving?"
4. How might you wish to be approached by your significant other? Use that same approach with respect.
5. Smile before saying anything.
6. Preface any comment by saying, "Love comes first..."
7. I feel ____when ____because my family of origin issues tend to trigger strong emotions for me.
8. When I look at you, I see a committed partner with similar goals for our relationship so I know we can brainstorm options and opportunities.
9. Walk away before saying a criticism, negative comment, or an angry statement and think before speaking.
10. Love is the most important concept to uphold in our relationship so I will ask myself before speaking, "Is this comment spoken out of love?"
Try some of these techniques and you may see a positive change in your intimate communication.