How many devices are in your home? How much time daily do you and your spouse spend on your cellphone, tablet or computer?
We fight against our devices taking priority over our important relationships.
Why do we allow technology to bleed into our personal lives and interrupt intimacy?
This is a constant battle. Technology provides instant gratification and "mood alteration," which is addictive. We have become addicted to instantaneous communication with unimportant entities. Social media steals our attention from those we love. Why do we allow this?
What kinds of ideas and interventions have you designed to create the loving-caring partnership you desire? How to you protect yourself from falling into the techno-trap?
As a licensed therapist I see this issue crop into relationship issues everyday.
1. Put your cellphones/tablets/TV's/computers on off for a designated time each day.
2. Look at each other in the eyes and focus on what made you fall in love.
3. Refuse to hide yourself in a techno-screen while your significant other is speaking with you.
4. Plan fun, engaging events with one another and leave your devices in the car.
5. Do old fashioned things like; talk, draw, read, color, cook, yard work, etc. which will bond you with your lover.
6. Respect each other by making them feel special and like they're important to you.
You will see results quickly!