However, at times we may find ourselves disappointed and frustrated that the summer outings disappoint. This all boils down to expectations. Are your realistic or unrealistic? How ha having expectations led you to feel unhappy and dissatisfied?
How can you be assured that your summer plans with your partner or spouse turn into wonderful gatherings? What can you do to ensure that you and your spouse don't become depressed, disillusioned or frustrated when plans go awry?
Top Ten Ideas for Staying Happy With Your Partner on Summer Outings;
1. Discuss plans in detail with your partner
2. Elicit ideas and participation from your spouse when making plans
3. Flexibility is key when glitches arise.
4. Change your own response to changes or disappointments during family outings.
5. Be open to looking at different situations with a clear lense.
6. Laugh, smile and giggle!
7. Find humor in the frustrations.
8. Talk about upsetting things that transpire.
9. Agree to disagree or use conflict resolution skills to get through issues.
10. Value each moment together as it is precious!