Your lover has left. You have broken up with your significant other.
What next? How does one move forward after a difficult, devastating breakup?
Like the Autumn leaves changing into winter, you are charged with doing personal growth work related to where you go from here.
Some of the steps in healing after a difficult breakup include;
1. Assess or reassess your priorities in life
2. Make a list of short term and long term goals
3. Make an appointment with a coach or therapist to delineate the future options
4. Recognize the pros and cons of being in a relationship
5. Be proactive in healing oneself emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually
6. Ask trusted friends for feedback
7. Be honest with yourself about life plans
8. Be kind and gentle to yourself while going through the transitional breakup time
9. Recognize how you might feel empowered in ones own life
10. Like autumn leaves you will bud again into a new, healthy, breathing, vibrant person ready to move forward into engaging in a healthy new partnership after you have reassessed priorities.
Look at change as an opportunity.